Countdown To Our 2nd Winter Wedding Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog...find your favorite entries here!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

2010.03.15 I'm NOT Diabetic!!!

Ciao tutti!
as you know, I'm so happy and joyful about my pregnancy,
but there's also a part of it that scared me to the max...and I think that it just fair that i write about them all, hopefully I won't scared you out with this post ;))

Sometimes, during pregnancy, some women will diagnosed with gestational diabetes,
a kind of diabetes that only affect pregnant women.

Around two weeks ago, I got my first test, the procedure was to get one's blood drawn one hour after one's took this super nastily sweet drink. smells like Gatorade, but 5 times sweeter!!
I didn't know that i have to fast for 10-12 hours before taking that drink, and alas! the hospital called my hubby the next day and said that I have a high blood sugar level, and I have to retake the test.
The news stressed me out so much that I got so depressed.
here's the fact, supposed I diagnosed with the gestational diabetes, I should poke my fingers everyday and test my own blood with the special kit.
Here's the fact...needle and blood freak me out. I had a horrendous phobia toward them...and not only that, even scars and bruised made me feel so squeamish!

anyway...they scheduled me for another test on the following week, and this time I have to fast for 12 hours before taking the special drink.
oh boy! fasting was horrible, especially I always got hungry at night...I was starving, and was so nervous about the test that I couldn't sleep at all the night before my 2nd test.
long story short, we went to the family clinic at 8 am in the morning to get my test done.
they drawn my blood for 4 times. once before i took the special drink, then once every hour after that for 3 times.
both my arms still bruised from the needle >,<

soooooooooooooo...today the clinic call hubby again to tell him the result. *i change my contact number to hubby's cellphone because I was too nervous to get any news, I was scared if it going to be a bad news...*
and yesssss, the result is: I'm not having gestational diabetes!! I'm so happy now, finally can feel relax...thank God!! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin