Countdown To Our 2nd Winter Wedding Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Search This Blog...find your favorite entries here!!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

2010.02.15 The Joy of Cooking

I feel like a little princess on Valentine day, thanks to my sweet hubby!
and in return, I decided to cook something special for him the day after ;D

The dinner menu was: Betutu (Chicken cooked in Balinese Tutu Sauce), Plecing Kangkung / Kangkung Belacan (Ung Soy in Spicy Balinese Sauce), Mie Goreng Kampung (Super Simple / Cheap Fried Noodle) & Tempe Goreng (Fried Tempe)

I was sooooooooooooooo excited to try all the new menu, I never cooked any of those before! and been craving for those authentic Balinese food, but there were nowhere to found here!! x3

the fresh ingredients looks so pretty!!
I always adore the bird eye chili's color...so vibrant!! ;D
My chicken was mad fat! it was around 5 pounds or so...already the smallest chicken among the other...the size of the chicken wings is even bigger than Balinese chicken tight!! LOL
Sliced carrot & cabbage for the fried noodle
it was around 12 types of different spices required to cooked the Betutu. and yess, Balinese food always required to use so many different type of spices...they are so pretty, fragrant and colorful, preparing those spices bring an indescribable joy to my heart! remind me of my hometown... ;))
can you guess what spices were they ;)
I'm glad that i have a food processor here...back in Bali, they use the traditional cobek / ulekan to grind the spices
some of the spices for the garnish
and this is what I did with the spices...slathering the grinned paste all over the chicken ;D
then the garnish...
done & pretty!!
now, wrap the banana leaf and secure it using some bamboo toothpicks
then put I let it sit on the fridge for 2 hours before baked the chicken...

the dinner!!
Mie Goreng Kampung, when i cooked this, i really didn't have any idea what spices to use, I just try to imagine those fried noodle from Bali...and it came really close!! ;D
Tempe Goreng, supposed to be one of the cheapest food in Indonesia. it made out of fermented soy beans.
Plecing Kangkung / Kangkung Belacan
and the star of the night...Betutu!!
and if you are wondering...off course I'm not always cook this much! on my lazy days, i cook one or two dishes...on my laziest days...hubby cook...and on the most laziest days...we go out to eat! XD~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin